Cabinets Make the Kitchen
The first thing Chevy Chase home buyers notice when they walk into a kitchen is the cabinets. Since you want to give buyers a positive first impression of your kitchen, here are six tips to give your cabinets a buyer-friendly look.
- If your cabinets are worn, damaged or tired-looking, re-stain, re-paint and/or repair them.
- Choose tasteful hardware that complements the color and style of your cabinets. Good-quality hardware can be found online or at any home improvement store. It doesn’t have to be top of the line to make a good impression.
- Wash cabinets with a soap such as Murphy’s Oil Soap, which will make them shine and leave your kitchen clean-smelling.
- If the cabinets are laminate, it may be difficult to find an exact match for replacement or repair. But if only one or two doors need to be replaced, you may be able to use a matching cabinet from a less visible room, such as the laundry room.
- If you need to update all of the cabinets, have them refaced. Re-facing costs much less than replacing the cabinets and the effect will be nearly the same.
- Sometimes painting older or damaged wood cabinetry can be a big improvement. The color you choose would depend on other colors in the kitchen and the appliances. An experienced realtor or stager can help with these choices.
If you would like to see before and after pictures of inexpensive changes we have made to kitchens or other rooms in the house to prepare them for sale, please call us at 301-215-6837.