Top Bathroom Trends Expected for 2015
1. Nature’s way. While swanky tiles may have been the rage in 2014, nature will be making a comeback in 2015. Earthy materials, like stone and wood, will be making an appearance in haute bathrooms across the country this year. Upcycling will also be in this year, so look around for recycled sources. Not sure where to start? Consider using wood-look tiles or wood paneling on one wall for a pop of earthy goodness. Also, add house plants, because this year we will see everything from potted plants to hanging gardens and even living walls.
2. Water control. One hot trend for 2015 will be minimizing water waste. There are a ton of options out there for getting the most out of your water usage. These include touchscreen operated showers, thermostatic mixers and mixers that control multiple water sources.
3. Freestanding tubs. Move over, vessel sinks! Nothing says luxury like a deep freestanding bathtub. From round to square, there are a ton of freestanding tub options for greater relaxation and aesthetic appeal.
4. Larger showers. People will be making more shower space this year, with an increase in walk-in showers with their own walls or sheets of glass.
5. Unique lighting. A well-lit bathroom is soothing and pleasing to the eye. This year, lighting will get an upgrade with unique styles such as softer accent lights, motion-censored options for midnight toilet runs, hanging fixtures and intuitive ceiling lights.
Here to Help With All of Your Bethesda Real Estate Needs in 2015
We hope you found all of the above information helpful as a Bethesda area resident.
If you’d like to take your home dreams a step further in the New Year by buying or selling a Bethesda home entirely, make sure to think about us. We here at The Estridge Group would love to assist you by answering any questions you may have, offering valuable resources and providing straight-forward advice.
Until next time,