The Estridge Group loves working with our clients in Northern Virginia Real Estate – from Alexandria, to Arlington, to Reston. It’s the ideal place to live if you want easy access to the Washington DC Metro area (for work or play), but long to live on a tree-lined street in a quiet residential home or condo.
Historical landmarks like Arlington National Cemetery put Northern Virginia on the map, but it is community that makes it a region like no other. Which is why Halloween in Northern Virginia is so special. It is a time for neighbors to gather, kids to be kids, and of course, local businesses to have a little spooky fun with its residents. Here’s the top five things to do in Northern Virginia this Halloween.
Breakout: The Workhouse Arts Center Haunted Trail
Visit the grounds of the abandoned DC Department of Corrections Lorton Reformatory if you dare. Complete with spooky scenes and stories, real prison cells, and yes, even inmate characters to make you feel like you’re really a part of the action.
- Where: Workhouse Arts Center, 9518 Workhouse Way, Lorton, VA 22079
- When: 10/25/2019, 10/26/2019, 10/27/2019, 10/31/2019
- Tickets: https://insidenovatix.com/organizations/workhouse-arts-center
Jack’s Pumpkin Glow
Calling all Reston, Virginia homeowners! There’s an enchanting wonderland of more than 5,000 hand-carved, lit-up pumpkins in your backyard. All of which were created by Jack’s master carvers who will be there to show off their artistry. You’ll see everything from landscapes to iconic figures carved into these gourds. This is the perfect Halloween outing for the whole family that’s a little less scary, and a little more artistic.
- Where: Lake Fairfax Park, 1400 Lake Fairfax Dr., Reston, VA 20190
- When: 10/25/2019, 10/26/2019, 10/27/2019
- Tickets: https://glowpumpkin.com/washington-dc/calendar/#tickets
Trick or Treat The Village
Arlington Virginia kids and parents — you can get your trick-or-treating done early and safely at the shops and restaurants at the Village at Shirlington. From the Shirlington Library to the Signature Theater. There will be candy (of course), coupons, gifts with purchase, face painting, and live music!
- Where: Village at Shirlington, 2700 South Quincy Street, Arlington, VA 22206
- When: Sat, October 26, 2019, 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM EDT
- Tickets: Free! (Register here)
Have you tried trunk-or-treating yet? It’s like trick-or-treating, except the houses are cars, and everything you need is one place! Go car-to-car for candy and allergy-free treats. Bonus: There’s also fire pits, hot dogs for roasting, and a gourmet s’more bar with all the fixings. This is a great place to get to know your neighbors Alexandria, Virginia.
- Where: Fairlington United Methodist Church, 3900 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22302
- When: Sun, October 27, 2019, 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM EDT
- Tickets: Free! (register here)
Are you one of those people who go all out with your Halloween costume? We’re talking head-to-toe detail? Then you’ll love this event hosted by Salon deZEN in Alexandria, Virginia. Their stylists will guide you through exactly how to make the perfect hair and makeup for your costume of choice. Refreshments will be served!
- Where: Salon deZEN, 118 N Fayette St, Alexandria, VA 22314
- When: Sat, October 26, 2019, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM EDT
- Tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/halloween-how-to-tickets-70703238289?aff=ebdssbdestsearch
Of course, Halloween comes but once a year, but the community aspect? That’s all year round in Northern Virginia. If you are considering Northern Virginia real estate, I would love to be your Realtor. Please don’t hesitate to contact The Estridge Group, and we will show you what Northern Virginia is all about.