When people hear “Chevy Chase Maryland,” often, the first thing that comes to mind is “Shopping!” With upscale retailers like Jimmy Choo, Tiffany & Co., and Bloomingdale’s, this area has fondly been referred to as the Rodeo Drive of the east coast.
But it’s not all national retailers, and it’s more than just shopping. There’s also plenty of restaurants and recreational activities that bring the community together. Today, we’re going to talk about one of the hometown favorites: The Chevy Chase Ballroom.
Just like everything else in this Montgomery County town, the Chevy Chase Ballroom offers only the best. With over 50 years in business, they have the talent and the skills that have the residents of Chevy Chase and the DC Metro area coming back year after year. Let’s talk about what you get when you step into 5207 Wisconsin Ave…
The Talented Teachers
It’s no secret that the instructors at Chevy Chase Ballroom are not only teachers, but national and international competitors themselves. They include:
- Owner Irina Sarukhanyan, a world-class professional and competitor with an impressive track record, oversees the curriculum for each and every class.
- Dmytro Churchun, who has been placed in the top 10 dancers in the World Championships in Italy, and placed 7th in the European Championships in Poland.
- Ellen Porter, who has competed on a national level in lnternational Standard & Latin and American Smooth, while also coaching collegiate teams like the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill and George Washington University.
- Alina Zavidova, who has a history of coaching Cirque Du Soleil artists in dancing.
The Variety of Classes
With the level of talent housed under this business, Chevy Chase Ballroom offer more than just your typical class schedule. Here’s a brief look at their offerings:
- Private Lessons: Personalized to your individual needs, desires, and goals.
- Group Classes: Ideal for beginners and intermediate dancers, students learn basic patters and rhythms of many different types of dances in a social setting.
- Special Workshops: World-class guest teachers come in to teach classes you wouldn’t get at your typical dance studio.
- Social Dance Parties: Once a month, no matter what your skill level or dance style, students come together in a fun and relaxed environment to practice new moves with other students and instructors.
- Dancing for Wellness: Personal wellness programs, specifically for the benefit of weight loss, greater self-esteem, and mental well-being.
- Wedding Dance Lessons: Everything from the first dance, to the mother-son/father-daughter dance, to a choreographed wedding party dance (a la Jim and Pam’s wedding party dance in The Office)
- Kids programs: Because what better way to get out their energy, while helping their concentration than dance?
The teachers and classes lay the foundation. But it’s the experience that the residents of Chevy Chase get when they step on to that ballroom floor. Here’s just a few of the things students are saying on Yelp:
“Chevy Chase Ballroom sparkles as the gem of ballroom dancing. CCB, as it is known, exemplifies ballroom dancing instruction par excellence. You will not get a better dance teacher in the DC metropolitan area. Irina Sarukhanyan, the owner of Chevy Chase Ballroom, carefully selects each talented dance instructor to form a winning team for you to excel in ballroom dancing. Furthermore, Irina, the teachers, and the staff make CCB a home away from home by creating a welcoming environment of social events that are fun and lively! The studio is also beautiful and inviting, making it an exceptional dancing experience!…“
- Pichi B. M., Bethesda, MD
“…We went from zero experience to being able to pickup and execute a choreographed routine for our first dance, many of our wedding guests gave us compliments on it… so we were very pleased with the results. I would recommend Chevy Chase Ballroom to anyone and everyone who is interested in dance, the staff were always friendly and kindly greeted us whenever we arrived. I cannot speak enough about Ellen, she is an amazing teacher! If you have your doubts and are a new student, just sign up for a complimentary consultation and see for yourself how great she is :)”
- Lina T, Rockville, MD
“Fantastic Studio!! Great kids program! Instructors are professional, knowledgeable and make it fun. We have been going here for just over a year and it has been a great experience. My kids are 10 (daughter) and 5 (son), and they absolutely love their classes and instructors. Its a positive and encouraging environment and we wouldn’t consider going anywhere else!!“
- David S., Arlington, VA
For more information, visit: https://www.chevychaseballroom.com/