This week, we’re going to spotlight another locale in Montgomery County. Gaithersburg is one of the fastest growing cities in the county, located by Germantown, North Potomac and Rockville. Fifteen miles northwest of Bethesda, residents of Gaithersburg are approximately seventeen miles from the border of Washington, DC. Homes tend to be less expensive than the real estate of its more southern neighbors like Potomac, Bethesda and Chevy Chase. Gaithersburg housing prices usually range from the $200,000’s to $650,000, while townhomes usually price over $150,000.
What Does Gaithersburg Have to Offer?
- You can find quite a variety of amenities all close to many Gaithersburg homes. I-270 stretches through the center of the city and passes all the way down to North Bethesda. Residents can also use the MARC Train Service, which makes commuting a lot easier.
- Gaithersburg has a large shopping center in the northern part of the city. Stores in the area include: Costco, Brookstone, Macy’s, H Mart, Bed Bath and Beyond, and New York and Company.
- There are many recognizable chain restaurants like Starbucks, Panera Bread and IHOP, as well as some dining establishments unique to Gaithersburg. Cebiche House Flavor of Peru, Laredo Grill and the Golden Bull Grand Café are just a few of the names you can find in this city.
- Gaithersburg has gained recognition for its technology industries, with major employers that include IBM, Sodexo, Lockheed Martin and Gene Logic.
- There are plenty of places to go if you like staying fit. The Gaithersburg Aquatic Center, more than twenty parks to choose from and an athletic field next to Bohrer Park.
I’m Thinking of Buying a Home in Gaithersburg, MD
I Want to Sell My Gaithersburg, MD Home
To get the right edge in the home selling market, it’s a good idea to have experience on your side. Contact our office today if you’d like to learn more information about what it takes to sell your home in Gaithersburg.