In 2019, U.S. News and World Report released its Best High Schools in the US report. Among that list, there were 239 Maryland schools — making it the second highest leader in high schools in the top 25% of rankings, with 43.7% of Maryland schools on the list (source).
Walt Whitman High School of Bethesda, Maryland sat proudly at the very top of the list of Best Maryland High Schools, and 93 on a list of over 17,000 High Schools. Not to mention, 145th among the nation’s best STEM schools in the U.S. Wow.
But Walt Whitman isn’t the only champion here. Maryland is renowned for its top-rated school system. Here’s just a peak at how well Montgomery County, Maryland’s schools are doing — from elementary school to high school.
6 Facts About Top-Rated Montgomery County Schools
- Maryland has two STEM schools in the top 90 STEM schools in the country: Thomas S. Wootton High in Rockville, Maryland ranked at number 88 and River Hill High School in Clarksville, Maryland ranked No. 89.
- More than three-quarters of schools in Montgomery County, Maryland (the state’s largest school system) scored a 4 or a 5 in 2019 (5 is the highest score you can earn), according to the state of Maryland’s Public School Report Card. (source)
- Cold Spring Elementary School in Potomac, Maryland is ranked #3 for the best public elementary schools in Maryland by Niche.com. State test scores show that 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
- Herbert Hoover Middle School, also in Potomac, Maryland is ranked #5 by Niche.com for best middle schools in Maryland. More over, their teachers were ranked #2 for best middle school teachers in Maryland and given an A+ by Niche.
- Richard Montgomery High School in Rockville, Maryland was ranked number 75 among the best magnet schools nationally by U.S. News and World Report, with an overall score of 97.93 out of 100.
- Montgomery County, Maryland was ranked #2 in the state of Maryland for the best school districts. Even more impressive, it was rated #1 for best school districts for athletes, #1 for districts with the best teachers, and #1 for most diverse school districts in Maryland.
If you’re thinking about moving your family to Bethesda or interested in any other Montgomery County Real Estate, I’d love to be your guide. Please don’t hesitate to contact us at the Estridge Group. This truly is a great place to raise a family, for all the reasons above and for the little hidden ones that I can’t wait to tell you about.